Unleash Your Inner Calm and Balance at the Kanha Shanti Vanam
Kanha Shanti Vanam is an eco-spiritual retreat located on the outskirts of Hyderabad, India. It is the world headquarters of the Heartfulness Institute.
About Kanha Shanti Vanam:
Kanha Shanti Vanam, a lush, green oasis that has been home to a wide variety of flora and fauna. is the world headquarters of the Heartfulness Institute. The Heartfulness community, adopting the Sahaj Marg system of meditation, a basic and efficient heart-centered practice, is increasingly being hailed as a beacon of peace and harmony around the globe. And the Kanha Shanti Vanam is the epicentre of this community.
Heartfulness offers a practical and dynamic approach to meditation, relaxation, yoga, and self-development – all of which can be accessed for free in more than 130 countries, under the guidance of Kamlesh D Patel, also known as Daaji.
It is an eco-spiritual retreat located on the outskirts of Hyderabad. This ashram is a sanctuary for spiritual renewal where you can enjoy a tranquil lifestyle in harmony with both the inner and outer environment.
Kanha Shanti Vanam provides spiritual guidance and interactive activities to foster holistic well-being and growth. Participants have the chance to learn and make a difference.
The center was bestowed the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) Platinum award in 2019 for its adherence to world-class eco-friendly practices, making it the first meditation center ever to achieve this distinction.
The appearance of Kanha Shanti Vanam is captivating and the ambience is quite serene. The enchanting design of the place along with the peaceful atmosphere brings out the beauty and the harmony of nature that resonates with the hearts of all who visit or live in Kanha. It is a great place to relax and reconnect with nature.
The retreat is nestled in a beautiful, tranquil setting that is surrounded by lush vegetation and surrounded by a lot of water bodies.
- Meditation Hall: The majestic, towering architecture of the meditation center catches the eye and stirs the imagination of all who look at it. This meditation center spans a generous 30 acres and boasts a primary meditation hall with a unique feature – cold water running underneath the floor to provide coolness in summer. The hall’s walls are adorned with inscriptions of sacred scriptures, carved into granite.
The central hall is encircled by eight smaller satellite areas. Together, this space houses an auditorium, a conference hall, and seating for meditation and training over two floors. This facility has the capacity to hold up to 100,000 participants, making it the biggest meditation centre in the world.
- Auditorium: The satellite of the main meditation hall at Kanha has been transformed into a state-of-the-art auditorium, with a seating capacity of 850. It is fully air-conditioned, and sound-proof and offers high-speed Internet and a hi-tech audio-visual system. Amenities such as green rooms, washrooms, and drinking water are also available.
- Conference Halls: The satellite structures also contain two conference halls which are outfitted with top-of-the-line air-conditioning, lighting, and audio-visual systems. The conference halls on the ground and first floors have a combined capacity of 500 people, with 200 and 300 seats respectively. Furthermore, the capacity can be increased to 650 people if necessary. The big glass windows at the back of these halls provide a view of the main meditation room and the lush green surroundings.
- International Sports Centre: Kanha Shanti Vanam also has an International Sports Centre which has been established by the Ministry of Sports, Khelo India, FIT India and Pullela Gopichand Badminton Academy. This sports centre spans 54,680 sft with state-of-the-art infrastructure, featuring 14 badminton courts, three squash courts, a 30-metre swimming pool and a gym. It is open to those aged five and above, on a pay-and-play basis.
- Kanha Medical Centre: The Kanha Medical Centre – KMC, a full-time medical facility run by certified doctors and paramedics, provides medical services to all people of Kanha, as well as those from neighboring villages.
- A fully equipped gym: Kanha Gym offers top-of-the-line fitness amenities and equipment for a range of workout routines, including weight training, fat-loss training, strength training and more. Experienced, certified fitness trainers are available to provide guidance and tailor personalized plans.
- Convenience store: Residents and visitors of the Kanha campus can purchase fresh, organic vegetables, fruits, and groceries at this fully-stocked convenience store. Daily necessities are also available, with some of the produce grown right on the campus
The retreat offers a variety of accommodation options to suit everybody’s taste, including a 48-room hotel, permanent tents, dormitories, and service apartments. The retreat offers comfortable rooms with all the necessary amenities and provides guests with an opportunity to unplug from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- A Hotel: If you’re seeking a luxurious stay, the Pearl Hotel within the campus at Kanha is the perfect destination. Boasting 4-star amenities, the Pearl offers an enriching experience to help you relax and revitalize.
- Dormitories: IF you want your stay to be comfortable then the retreat has large, comfortable dorms, with bunk beds, providing the perfect setting for your needs.
Dorms are shared spaces equipped with bunk beds, capable of housing many individuals. Accommodation and meals are provided free of cost, with separate areas for males and females.
- Permanent Tents: If you’re looking for an adventurous experience, then stay in permanent tents to give you the true camping feel and a chance to immerse in the beauty of nature.
Kanha has brick structures resembling tents with good lighting, ventilation, fans, cushioned mats and mosquito nets.
- Service apartments: Experience community living in Kanha by seeking a Homestay for a longer stay. Rent out a service apartment and create your own vacation!
- Horticulture Nursery: Book and purchase any plant variety from The Retreat’s Horticulture Nurseries spread across India. This way you can gift your loved ones a plant – the life of nature.
- Shop: This estate boasts a shop that sells Essential oils, Organic turmeric, Coorg’s authentic coffee, Natural honey, and a selection of Ayurvedic products ranging from chyawanprash to Superfood Moringa capsules, as well as a wide variety of natural beauty products. All of these items sold here offer wellness and holistic well-being.
- Pottery Studio: Volunteers and teams in Kanha are reviving traditional pottery techniques to create high-quality lifestyle products which are sold in the Pottery Studio. This activity is a reminder of the organic and healthy methods used in the past.
- Book Shop: The facility sells a wide range of health books and products.
Kanha Shanti Vanam offers you an escape from the busy city life and find spiritual peace. It’s a perfect place to spend a weekend or an entire week. If you’re looking to experience something unique, then Shanti Vanam is the place for you.
This place encourages you to explore the entire estate on foot or by bicycle, taking in the lush greenery and stunning landscape. Enjoy the visual feast, breathe in the fresh air, and let your body feel re-energized. All with a commitment to protecting the environment and reducing our carbon footprint. In addition to this pledge, the whole area is equipped with drinking water fountains so that no plastic bottles are used.
So if you’re looking for an oasis of calm, spirituality, and nature, then look no further than Kanha Shanti Vanam.
Kanha Shanti Vanam,
13-110, Kanha Village,
Ranga Reddy District,
1800 103 7726
What to do next?
Check out my blog on 41 amazing places to visit in Hyderabad
or my article on these 21 temples in Hyderabad which are a must-visit.