One of India’s finest palaces, Falaknuma Palace(“Mirror of Sky”), can be found in the Falaknuma area, Hyderabad, 5 kilometers from Charminar.
Why visit the Falaknuma Palace?
- If you’re looking for a truly unique and opulent experience, a visit to the Falaknuma Palace in Hyderabad is a must.
- This beautiful palace was built in the late 19th century by the Prime Minister of Hyderabad, Nawab Vikar-ul-Olmara and is now a luxurious hotel managed by Taj Hotels.
- The palace is situated on a hilltop and offers majestic views of the city.
- The interior is lavishly decorated with intricate artwork, chandeliers, and luxurious furnishings.
- A visit to Falaknuma Palace would be an unforgettable experience and one that you’ll treasure for a lifetime.
The palace also houses a library with a collection of more than 5,000 rare books, including copies of the Quran and first editions. You can see that the roof of the library has a monogrammed carved walnut roof.
Though the Nizam of Hyderabad owned the palace, you can still see the monogram of Sir Vikar-ul-Olmara -“VO” all over the place from dining chairs to the library ceiling to the stained glass.
The palace also has a billiards table designed by Burroughs and Watts from England, and supposedly there is another identical billiards table designed by the same company in Buckingham Palace.
Today this palace has been taken over by the Taj Group of Hotels from the Nizams and is a luxury hotel with 55 rooms open to the public.
Book a high tea or a room in this palace hotel, now known as the Taj Falaknuma Palace, to go around the place. It is totally worth it.