Why visit the Durgam Cheruvu Bridge?
- Durgam Cheruvu Bridge in Hyderabad spans the Durgam Cheruvu, a large lake in Hitech City, and offers stunning views of the city skyline.
- It is also a popular spot for locals and tourists alike to relax and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere.
- The bridge is also a great place to walk, and it is a popular spot for fitness enthusiasts.
- It’s a great place to people-watch and looks very beautiful when it’s lit up in different colours at night.
- Durgam Cheruvu Bridge is a place to take in the scenery and a popular spot for photography enthusiasts too.
- Check out this bridge at night when it is lit up. Absolutely breathtaking
History of Durgam Cheruvu Bridge:
Durgam Cheruvu Bridge is a cable suspension bridge connecting Jubilee Hills and Madhapur.
Thanks to this bridge, travel time between Jubilee Hills to Madhapur, which used to take about 45 minutes is now been reduced to 10 minutes.
This bridge is the longest cable bridge in Hyderabad with 2 pillars holding 52 stay cables and transverses over the Durgam Cheruvu Lake.
The Durgam Cheruvu Cable Bridge is lit up in different colours, depending on the event and occasion, and can be quite a sight to watch.
The bridge has cycling and walking paths alongside it making it easy for pedestrians to walk and admire the Durgam Cheruvu lake, the bridge, and the surroundings.
The cables of the bridge lit up in different colours at night can be a great spot for photography.
- Length of the bridge: 435 metres
- Cost: Rs 184 crores
- Materials used: 26,600 cubic metres of concrete, 4800 metric tonnes of steel and 287 tonnes of stay cables
What to do next?
Check out my article on 41 amazing places to visit in Hyderabad